I don’t know about you but as summer is wrapping up, I’m trying to squeeze in as much ice cream as possible! This recipe is in honor of my college roommate and maid-of-honor! Her favorite dessert was a chocolate chip cheesecake milkshake from Cookout and in my opinion… this is a perfect recreation! It’s creamy, tangy, chocolately, and has just a bit of crunch from the graham cracker! This one’s for you, Carol!
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS NO CHURN ICE CREAM?
This ice cream base is made from three ingredients: sweetened condensed milk, whipped cream, and vanilla. It’s slightly sweet, a bit tangy, and a cinch to throw together. Just combine all the ingredients and stick it in the freezer until solid. No ice cream maker required.
DO I REALLY HAVE TO LET IT FREEZE OVERNIGHT?
Unfortunately, yes. No churn ice cream takes longer to freeze than a traditional custard ice cream. If you try to eat the ice cream before it’s fully set, it will be too soft and won’t have the same creamy quality.
How to Make No Churn Ice Cream
STEP ONE: WHIP together the cream and cream cheese
In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or a large bowl with a hand mixer), beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until soft peaks form– about two minutes. Once you have soft peaks, add in the whipped cream cheese and beat on high until stiff peaks form– about 30 seconds.
step two: Fold it all together
Slowly fold the whipped cream/cream cheese mixture, vanilla bean paste, and sweetened condensed milk together in a large bowl.
Step four: Optional add ins
I prefer to add the chocolate chips and graham crackers directly to my ice cream base so they’re evenly mixed throughout. You can do this as well– or you can layer them in your container or sprinkle them on top. Totally up to you!
Step five: Freeze overnight
Freeze the ice cream overnight (at least 12 hours) before serving. If you have an insulated ice cream tub (they’re cheap– mine was $10 at Sur La Table), I recommend freezing the ice cream in it as it will create a smoother, creamer ice cream. However, a metal loaf pan will work just as well.
Other Ice Cream Recipes You Might Like
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake No Churn Ice Cream
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 10 oz whipped cream cheese (1 + 1/4 containers) at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 6 graham crackers broken into pieces
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
Make the Ice Cream Base
- It is very improtant that your whipped cream cheese be at room temperature! If it's cold, you'll end up with lumpy ice cream– yuck. If you have time, leave it out on the counter for at least 4 hours. If you forget, pop it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds, or until it's no longer cold to the touch.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or a large bowl with a hand mixer), beat the cream on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Next, add in the whipped cream cheese and beat again until stiff peaks form.
- Fold together the sweetened condensed milk, whipped cream/cream cheese mixture, and vanilla bean paste until smooth.
- Lastly, fold in the crushed graham crackers and mini chocolate chips. Pour into an insulated ice cream tub or loaf pan.
- Freeze the ice cream overnight (at least 12 hours) before serving.