Tired of boring salads but still want to look your best for summer? I’ve got you covered! Enter, the Summer Burrata Salad Board! I’m mixing up my usual salad by making it charcuterie board style and adding all of my favorite summer fruits and veggies– grilled peaches, fennel, strawberries, watermelon radish, just to name a few. And if that isn’t enough, a delicious ball of burrata sits right in the center. Top it all off with a squeeze of blood orange juice and white balsamic vinegar and you’ve got a delicious (and fun) lunch ready in just a few minutes!
Summer Burrata Salad Board
- 4 cups arugula about ½ bag
- 1 watermelon radish thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup strawberries sliced
- 2 peaches halved
- ½ bulb fennel thinly sliced
- 1 ball burrata cheese
- 1 blood orange juiced
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp good quality olive oil
- Flake salt
- Grilled garlic bread optional
- Thinly slice the fennel and watermelon radish– I recommend using a mandoline on the thinnest setting. Next, slice the strawberries about ¼” thick.
- Preheat the grill to high heat. Brush the cut side of the peaches with olive oil and grill for 5-8 minutes, or until they are slightly soft and have dark grill marks.
- To make grilled garlic bread, brush sliced baguette with olive oil and place it on the grill over direct heat. Grill for 3-5 minutes per side, or until the toast is crisp on both sides. Remove from the heat and immediately rub it with a garlic clove on one side. Be careful– it will be hot!
- To assemble the salad, place all of the ingredients separately on the board. Drizzle the arugula with the blood orange juice, white balsamic vinegar, and remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil. Sprinkle flake salt on top and enjoy.