Nothing beats a crisp, refreshing sangria on a hot day, but who wants to wait hours for the flavors to develop? This delicious French Press sangria is ready to drink in five minutes or less and packed with summer flavors! Fresh blackberries pair perfectly with earthy basil and tart lemon– all topped off with a bright white wine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Nonalcoholic: To make this recipe non-alcoholic, substitute the white wine for sparkling grape juice and the limoncello for lemonade.
Fresh Blackberries: This recipe also works well with strawberries and raspberries– just use what you have!
Fresh Basil: This recipe must be made with fresh herbs. If you don’t have fresh basil, you could substitute fresh thyme but reduce the amount to ¼ cup and leave the leaves on the stem while you muddle the drink. You can also skip the fresh herbs if you don’t have any.
Let’s Make Sangria
Blackberry Basil Sangria (in a French Press)
- 2 cups white wine Riesling or Sauvignon Blanc (about ¾ bottle)
- ½ cup limoncello
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 cup basil leaves about 1 handful
- Club Soda optional
- Using a muddler or wooden spoon, smash together the fresh blackberries, sliced lemon, and basil leaves for 30 seconds.
- Add the white wine and limoncello. Close the french press and gently pump the press until the sangria turns from white to light pink (about 15 hard presses).
- Serve chilled, topped with a splash of club soda.