5 Ingredient Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse
This easy five ingredient chocolate cheesecake mousse is a quick and delicious dessert you can have ready in no time! It's rich, chocolatey, and pairs perfectly with fresh whipped cream. Not to mention it's make ahead-- and can be made in less than five minutes!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup nutella
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Flakey Sea Salt, Berries/Berry Jam, Toasted Hazelnuts, Chocolate Shavings, Whipped Cream, or Chocolate Pearls optional-- for garnish
Add the heavy cream to a large bowl (or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment). Beat for 2-3 minutes, or until the cream has doubled in size but not yet reached the soft peak stage.
Note: Start on low speed and work your way up to medium-high. If you go straight to high speed, you’ll end up with a mess!
Once the cream has thickened slightly, add the remaining ingredients and beat until it forms stiff peaks— about 3 more minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl to make sure everything is evenly incorporated.
Note: Again, start on low speed and gradually work your way up to medium-high.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Serve with your desired toppings.
- You must use heavy whipping cream in this recipe— lower fat milks will not work.
- You can use regular cream cheese instead of whipped but the mousse will be more dense— use whipped if you want a light and airy mousse.
- You can use any cocoa powder (I like Hershey’s Special Dark) but make sure to use a good quality one— you can really taste the cocoa in this recipe.
Calories: 618kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 53g | Saturated Fat: 36g | Cholesterol: 144mg | Sodium: 221mg | Potassium: 357mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 1637IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 142mg | Iron: 3mg